It's hard to be a parent these days. On top of the impossibly long list of responsibilities we parents have already had for decades, now we must check our kids' toothpaste for anti-freeze, scour the juice aisle for China-free apple juice, and monitor all the toys coming in the house (even the ones from Mattel) for lead laced paint. What's a parent to do?
Well, I found this great website at HealthyToys.org. You can search for the toys in your home by brand or type to see if they are toxic. You can request that a toy be tested for toxins, and you can also request to receive updates and alerts via email. This site can't help with edible items such as toothpaste and juice, but at least when your 12-month old tries to eat your 4-year old's silver ballet slipper necklace that Aunt Suzie gave her for Christmas, you'll be able to find out what exactly your child may be ingesting.